Ir al contenido principal

One of my favorite shows: The Simpsons



This time I’m going to talk about The Simpsons, an American series that shows the life of a middle class family. It has stereotypical personalities for every character, which make us feel identified with them. For me, it is an important series because of the covered topics. In this series, we can realize the mistakes we do as a society with a humor touch, so, it works as a comedy and a society critic.
I really like this show because the old episodes remind me to my childhood; every day after school, I would come home, change my clothes and sit on the table to eat dinner and watch the Simpsons. I like this show so much that I can say that I’m the kind of person that uses Simpsons quotes on daily conversations, but I’m not ashamed because my friends do the same thing, it seems that our relationship is based on that.
I cannot say that I have a favorite character because each of them have their moments; sometimes I can hate Homer but in the next episode I’m going to feel identified with him. It also happens with Lisa or even Maggie! So I can’t pick just one. It’s the same with the episodes, there are many good episodes, but I like better the ones from the first seasons, the kind of humor of those ones was really good.
This show is going to be forever one of my favorites. It has everything: cultural references, political humor and social criticism, so I think that’s the reason of the success.

Comentarios

  1. u really loves the simpsins, I agree with "it works as a comedy and a society critic." <3<3

    ResponderBorrar
  2. the simpsons bring me remembers about differents phases of my life, the chapters of today it´s not really good like the olders chapters. but always will be a good show!

    ResponderBorrar
  3. Your post remind me of my childhood too, i used to do the same thing after school.

    ResponderBorrar
  4. the simpsons became general culture, since who has not seen a chapter?

    ResponderBorrar
  5. I agree with you, the first episodes are better

    ResponderBorrar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas más populares de este blog

English Language Challenges

My experience learning English in this university has been good. I can’t say a lot about it because I only took two courses, but I can definitely say that it helped me to improve my pronunciation and to learn idioms that can help in any situation, for example, when you have to write blogs and make an idea. About blogs, I have to say that they are a good tool to practice writing, because it is an important part when we have to apply for some job or interview. We have to know how to write properly in English and we should be capable of writing about any theme, that’s why blogs are important; they are not boring essays and we can write in the way we like to express ourselves. English class is important for me because I can keep practicing the language. I know that it’s very common to forget how to pronounce or write or use some words when you don’t speak English frequently, so this class for me is a good way to practice (because it’s different from singing in English or watching series

Changes to my study programme

Studying Architecture in the University of Chile sound like something great and promising; you have a brilliant future in front of you because you’re studying a profitable career in one of the best Universities of Chile. However, the truth is that is not as good as it seems. It’s known that this educational institution has a lot of problems, and they can be seen clearly in our faculty. I can start saying that the length of the career is much larger than in other universities (that are better qualified). We spend years and years learning and working in the same things, sometimes with not noticeable progress, and then, all of this is shown when you enter to the professional field. I think this university should focus more on their students and less on the ‘’prestige’’ they’re trying to show to the world. Besides, the conditions in where we’re working and studying are not the best. The classrooms don’t have the required equipment for all the students. We don’t have places to work o

Photography

I have to say I don’t know a lot about photography. I like to take pictures of things that call my attention, for example, the sunset or the sunrise between the buildings, or the colors of the city. I think I like these kinds of pictures because of the ‘’color palette’’, it makes me calm. Another thing I enjoy taking pictures is street art. I luckily study near many neighborhoods that are full of paintings and different kinds of street art, so it’s really cool for me to go for a walk in these places and take pictures of what I see. I also enjoy taking pictures of animals, more specifically dogs, and even more specifically street dogs. I think that sometimes pictures can reflect what they want to tell us with their sight. It can be love, or hunger, or many other things, but I think that the way dogs look at us is something really nice to capture with a camera. It also happens with cats, but they are mainly posing for the camera, they know that they are some kind of models.